What are Silver Ring Splints?
Silver Ring Splints are a patented finger splint made from sterling silver which are custom made and sent from the USA. Silver Ring Splints can be used for a variety of reasons including:
- hyperextension of small finger joints
- lateral instability (sideways movement)
- thumb stability
- promoting joint extension
- minimising and preventing further deviation of joints
- trigger finger
- dislocations and subluxations of the MP joints (knuckles)
Silver Ring Splints are ideal for:
- long term splint use
- those looking to avoid the stigma associated with typical “splints”, as they look like jewellery
- EDS/Hypermobile patients looking for MP joint support
- managing deformity in rheumatoid arthritis
What are the costs involved?
Appointment #1 = $160 (including ordering)
Appointment #2 = $80 for fitting
Splints cost upwards of USD$89 (that’s for the basic hyperextension splint)
International Shipping = USD$16
Return Shipping from Australia if needed AU$25
Exchange Shipping = USD$16
For orders over USD $1000 = USD$65 + Australian Customs Tax [Option to split orders]
If you want to read more about the splints & the Silver Ring Splint Company, you can visit their website www.silverringsplint.com
What are Oval 8 Splints?
Oval 8 Splints are thermoplastic (very lightweight heat mouldable plastic) splints which are available in standard sizes only.
What are the benefits of Oval 8 Splints?
- They are relatively cheap (approx $25.00 ea)
- They are lightweight
- They are skin coloured, so blend in with most skin tones quite well
- Locally accessible (therapist order)
- Can be altered slightly by therapist to achieve better fit
What are they used to treat?
- Hyperextension of the small finger joints
- Promoting joint extension (worn the opposite way)
- Lateral instability of the small finger joints
What costs are involved?
Appointment #1: $160 (assessment, measuring & ordering)
Splints: $25 + (or less depending on quantity)
Appointment #2: $80 for fitting